Martinstown NS was awarded the Discover Primary Science and Maths Plaque of STEM Excellence. To achieve this award the pupils excelled with their skills and knowledge in the areas of science, technology, engineering and maths.
Through out the year pupils carried out various activities such as:
- Hands on investigations in the areas of
-Energy and forces
-Environmental awareness and care
- Created PowerPoint presentations, participated in online programme Matheletics, developed graphs, set up a Facebook page.
- Made their own hoover craft and attended Engineers Week in UL.
- Visited Griston Bog outdoor classroom.
- Held an open Science Day to demonstrate experiments to parents and all classes in the school.