On behalf of the teachers and Board of Management we would like to welcome all of our pupils back after the summer holidays. A special warm welcome to our new Junior Infants: Josh, Dawn, Isabel, Cormac, Ollie and Sophia, the new pupils who have joined us Abigail and Mia, and to our new teacher Ms. Butler. We hope you will be very happy in our school.
Points to remember
- School starts at 8.50am and ends at 1.30pm for Junior and Senior Infants and at 2.30pm for all other students. Pupils may only enter the school from 8.30am onwards.
- The school has adopted the Aladdin school administration system. If a student is absent for any reason we ask that parents please send in a note, stating the dates and reason for absence upon return. The school is legally obliged to notify TUSLA (Child and Family Agency) if a child is absent for 20+ days during the school year.
- Attendance Rolla is called every morning at 10am.
- Only in exceptional circumstances should children be collected early from school. This must be recorded at reception on the sign in/sign out sheet and may be notified to the Department of Education.
- Standardised Tests will take place during the last 2 weeks of May.
Contact Details: If you have changed phone numbers recently or change number during the school year please inform the school immediately so we can update our text-a-parent.
Book Rental: The school operates a book rental scheme. Please pay 2019/20 book rental by Friday 13th September if you have not already done so.
Voluntary Contribution: Contribution towards Art/ Photocopying. (€25 per family). Every year we try to keep our book list costs as low as possible. As there is a shortfall in Department of Education grants we must however ask for a contribution towards art / photocopying etc. We are grateful for the many contributions which have been made already.
Homework Club: Homework club will be available for 1st to 6th class pupils from 2.30pm to 3.30pm Monday to Thursday. The cost is €3 per day. Please send payment in each Friday for the number of days attended that week. (Please ensure money is in an envelope with child’s name on it.)
Pupil Insurance: If you wish to purchase Allianz Pupil Personal Insurance please complete and return the slip attached and return in an envelope with the correct amount enclosed. Cost: €6 School Activities only or €9 24hour cover.
School Car Park: There is a “drop and go system” in operation in the car park. Please enter at the end and exit at the top of the car park. If parents need to park for any reason, please park at the end of the car park and walk up using the footpath. Please do not park or drop off at the top of the car park as we ask for this area to be kept free for staff to park in the morning. Please ensure that childminders/anyone collecting children are made aware of this arrangement. If you are unsure of this system please contact Ms. Clarke.
Office Times: Reception will be open every morning from 8.15-8.45 and every evening from 2.40-3.40. If you need to inform teachers of appointments or changes to collection arrangements please do so during this time.
Contacting Teachers: If you need to meet with class teachers/Principal at any time during the school year, please contact reception to arrange an appointment.
Holy Communion Date: 2nd class will receive their First Holy Communion on Saturday 9th May.
School Website and Facebook: The school website and Facebook page will be updated with school activities during the school year.